What do you know about aluminium? Here are 10 interesting aluminium facts.
How much is there to know about aluminium? Is it useful? Do you want to know more? Read on through our aluminium facts and find out more.
- Close to 70% of all aluminium drinks cans are recycled globally, making the aluminium drink can the most recycled drinks container on the planet.
- Anything made of aluminium can be recycled repeatedly – not only cans, but aluminium foil, food trays, window frames, automotive components. All can be melted down and used to make the same (or other) products again.
- Every minute of every day, an average of 113,200 aluminium cans are recycled.
- Used aluminium drink cans can be recycled and back on supermarket shelves as new drink cans in as little as 60 days.
- But if an aluminium can goes to landfill, it will stay there for 500 years before it oxidises.
More aluminium facts
- If all aluminium cans were recycled in the UK, we would need 14 million fewer dustbins. Tidy!
- Around 5.9 billion aluminium drinks cans are recycled in the UK every year. That’s enough to circle the world almost 18 times if laid end to end.
- Recycling one tonne of aluminium saves the carbon dioxide emissions of driving nearly 27,000 miles.
- Recycling one aluminium can saves enough energy to run a television for three hours.
- Outlook Aluminium in Leeds use aluminium to makes bifold doors, windows, sliding doors and patio doors to improve the outlook on peoples homes.
Aluminium is present in more than 270 minerals. It is the most abundant mineral on Earth after oxygen and silicon. It is also the most abundant metal found naturally on Earth. If you would like some aluminium adding to your property, in the shape of windows or doors, then give us a call on 0113 850 0508 and one of our team will be more than happy to help.
Alternatively you could leave us your details here and someone will call you back.